Building distributed systems is notoriously hard. Building a distributed team, even more so. At Elastic — the company behind the open source tools Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — everything is distributed; the company and our products. This talk dives into the details of how Elastic is thriving on its distributed model:
- How Elastic started to be distributed by design.
- What our shared values are and what we have learned as we progressed and grew to our current size.
- What the day of an Elastician can look like.
- What we are using in terms of tooling.
- How we hire and onboard new employees.